Write Place Write Time Blog
(writing samples and other random acts of writing)
Antigone in Ireland by Sophocles, adapted & directed by Becca C. Kidwell
A modern adaptation of this classic Greek tragedy. Polyneices is denied a proper burial in the Southern Irish countryside because it’s against Roman Catholic canon law according to Creon. However, Antigone is determined that her brother’s passing will be commemorated with dignity despite the consequences for herself. Modern language and Biblical text dares the characters and audience to balance love, mercy, justice, honor, and truth.
adaptation and additional lyrics by rebecca cecilia kidwell
Katerina became “Kate the Curst.” Pained and ignored, why not shout to the sky? If only God hears or a flock of passing birds listened, maybe she wouldn’t be invisible, maybe someone would care and take a moment to listen, really listen.
This female-centric adaptation of William Shakespeare’s controversial play, examines relationships and the balance between power and love.
Print edition available from Amazon.
Free For Ebooks!
NEXT TO NORMAL, the unexpected hit Broadway show and Pulitzer Prize winner, brought audiences together in ways that no one could have expected. The truth and heart of the story is facing pain and recognizing that it is not what defines you, but it is part of what has shaped you. This book shares how the parents in NEXT TO NORMAL dealt with grief, how they learned to move forward, and what we can learn from them.
Founder, Staff Writer (former chief geek)
October 2010 – October 2012
• Produced intellectually-bent, pro-theatre blog
• Supervised five volunteer staff writers to expand coverage throughout MA, RI, NH, and CT
• Cultivated positive relations between blog, theatre professionals, and press agents
• Wrote informative reviews from a director and audience member point-of-view
• Wrote feature stories to increase theatre appreciation
• Promoted exceptional productions through reviews and Twitter
• Reorganized blog to maintain blog publication but retire from day to day operations